Monday 5 September 2011

A little about me - Part 1 - The beginning

I have been weight pretty much my whole life. There’s no hiding it or denying it. Pictures speak for themselves. Through school I was teased, bullied, put down and I just though that was normal. I didn’t have many people I would call good friends….i have only 1 friend now who I still contact that I went to school with. I was miserable and my school work suffered because I had not one bit of self confidence. For my 18th birthday my mum bought me a Jenny Craig membership. As much as I thought how fantastic that was at the time, I just look back now and think that’s not something you should have to get for your 18th birthday. On my first weigh in I was 127.5kg. I will never forget that number. Over the next couple of months I did alright. I think I got down to about 112kg…..but seriously…I was 18years old! By the time I best friend turned 18 it was time to party!
Over the next few years my weight went up and down, up and down. I did Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Gloria Marshall, Atkins, Shakes of all kinds, Sure Slim, Lite & Easy there are probably a few more too.
Then in 2006 I met my future husband….

No comments:

Post a Comment