Monday 5 September 2011

A little about me - Part 3 - Success & Suprises

I started May 2007 at 102kg. I had done it before so I had the right ideas and the motivations to keep doing it. I was so organised and even though we were living with my parents at the time I still just made all my own meals and bought some of my own food to make sure I stuck to it. I started doing group classes at the gym. I was so nervous and embarrassed about being there. I would hide myself down the back of the room so no one could see me and my wobbly body.
I hadn’t lost a large amount of weight so I started doing more gym work and got myself a personal trainer in Oct 2007. I got so much more energy and strength and the weight seemed to drop more and I felt great. By Christmas 2007 I was going to the gym at least 6 times a week sometimes twice a day (ahhh the days before kids!). I was bench pressing 80kg and doing 120kg leg presses!! In February 2008 I had 2 massive events..i reached 79.8kg…the lowest I had ever weighed in my life and about 9-12kg from goal….the week after I found we were pregnant. We were so exited and happy until I had to book in a dating scan and all those memories came flooding back….with that came the food.

I never told anyone how I felt during my pregnancy….maybe now is a good time. I was anxious, stressed….maybe I did have some sort of depression, i guess I’ll never know. I ate and ate and ate. I didn’t matter how many times I got told my baby was fine, in the back of my mind I had lost a baby before. When I was 30 weeks I was told I would probably have to have a c-section. At 34 weeks I was ordered to leave work, stay home and was booked for a c-section at 38 weeks because bub was transverse and not progressing into position….i probably didn’t tell my OB that I was actually moving house at 34 weeks! At this point I didn’t know my weight….i had refused to look at the scale in the last few weeks but I know the last time I did look I was 115kg…….i had gained about 40kg in only 6 months
10 September 2008 we welcomed Jack Wesley into the world. He was here…healthy…10 fingers, 10 toes and was absolutely perfect. I always look back now at my eating through my pregnancy and think…ok I wasn’t doing myself good, but maybe if I hadn’t had maccas every other day for breakfast then my baby may have been different?? Maybe better yes but who knows maybe worse? All I know is he is here and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment